Friday, March 25, 2016

Happy birthday to me!

September 2003


"Where are you taking me?" I said for the hundredth time. Jacob turned his attention to me and grinned like a mischievous little boy before looking back to the road.

It was a warm September night and more importantly, my birthday.  I spent the day sleeping in, getting a pedicure and getting ready to go out with Jacob. He didn't say where so I wore a solid pale blue sundress, figured it would work for something casual or a little fancy. When Jacob knocked on my door I was pleased to see he wore a nice black button down and jeans. He looked so handsome with his hair a little messy and his sleeves rolled up,  showing off his strong forearms. I was thankful Amanda was out. I haven't really talked to her much about seeing her brother, especially since we never had the talk. I just think it would be awkward to mention, 'hey I sometimes go out with your brother and ya, am sleeping with him'.

When he took the exit for the Coronado bridge I turned to him in excitement. I've only been over to Coronado once to walk around the ferry landing. Coronado Island technically isn't an island, it's a peninsula but even the welcome sign said 'Coronado Island'. It was still in San Diego County but managed to have a small town feel.

Jacob pulled into a parking spot along the beach and ran to open my door. He took my hand in his and led me along the sidewalk. We took the path that led toward the ocean. The beach in Coronado was very long so it was a pleasant walk to the water.

We climed the stairs of a vacant lifeguard tower. We sat with our backs against the tower, facing the sea. After taking a few pictures of the two of us with my camera, I leaned closer into him and cuddled.  Jacob was stroking my arm lightly which sent shivers through my body. With the same hand he casually slid my spaghetti strap down. His hand began messaging my shoulder gently before sliding down the front of my dress. When he cupped my breast I sucked in my breath and moaned as he played with my nipple.  When he stopped I pouted then turned toward him straddling his lap.

"Mhm, Juliette your going to have to stop soon or anyone walking by may see me take you right here." He groaned as he kissed my neck. I pushed his head up to face me.

"Maybe I don't want to stop," I said before leaning in to bite his upper lip. When I pulled away he grinned and shook his head. Grabbing my neck he pulled me back in for a kiss. When my tongue found his I felt him harden beneath me and I knew I couldn't stop now. Luckily I was wearing a dress so we managed to finish as discreetly as we could. I can't say we were as quiet as we should have been but it was well worth it and by the huge grin on Jacob's face I know he felt the same.

"Happy Birthday to me," I sang as I tried to adjust my dress.

"Your birthday isn't over baby, come on let's go eat." He helped me off the tower and led us back toward the sidewalk.

We walked to the Hotel Del. This beautiful red and white hotel was built in the late 1800's. Besides being historic it was very grand and well known for its famous guests like Marilyn Monroe and several presidents. Walking through the lower level we passed several shops and stopped to read about the history of the establishment.

We came upon an old gold colored metal elevator and were excited it was still operating. Stepping in the metal birdcage we were greeted by a friendly operator in an adorable uniform making you feel like you stepped back in time as soon as your feet hit the bright red carpet. Closing the gate we were slowly raised to the hotel lobby. Stepping out we continued our time travel as we wondered around admiring the lobby. Everything was keeping with the Victorian theme, from the elaborate sparkling chandeliers to the dark rich woodwork.
We explored the courtyard before walking across the street for dinner.

"I think I remember you said you like sushi? This restaurant has high reviews so I thought we should try it."  Jacob said. I smiled knowing I would soon have a spicy tuna roll in front of me. Jacob gave the hostess his name and we were quickly seated at a table by the window.

"You know I've never actually had sushi," Jacob shyly admitted.  I looked up from my menu in shock.

"What!? You grew up here, there's fresh fish here. Is it the raw thing?  You chose a sushi place for dinner Jacob." I babbled on. He laughed shaking his head.

"You like it so I figured I may as well try it. As a kid the thought of raw fish grossed me out but I don't know, what the hell."

"Alright, well let me order for us then?  Besides I noticed fried rice, we can order just in case." I got busy picking out a few rolls, I stayed away from anything too out there just in case. I picked a spicy tuna, a California, and a crunch roll with cream cheese, jalapeƱo and tuna with crunchy flakes on top. We chatted about wanting to stay a night at the Hotel Del as we waited for our food. Rooms are super pricey so doubt I'd stay there anytime soon.

The waitress returned with our rolls, they looked so good my stomach growled in agreement. I showed Jacob how to break up the Wasabi into his soy sauce. He questioned if he should really put the whole slice in his mouth at once, I promised I wasn't messing with him so he dipped a tuna roll in the sauce and popped it into his mouth.  I had patience enough to wait and watch him,  hoping he would like it.  After he swallowed he grinned happily and reached for another. That was all I needed to dig in.

After our delicious dinner, with chocolate cake for dessert of course, we walked hand in hand slowly back to the car. Jacob walked me to the passenger side and instead of opening the door he lightly pushed me against the door and leaned in for a deep kiss. Breaking away he reached in his pocket and pulled out a small box with a red ribbon. My heart sped up as I stared at the box. I untied the ribbon, inside were two silver earrings in the shape of a dolphin. Each dolphin were wrapped around a blue sapphire stone.

"Jacob they're beautiful!" I gushed looking up at him.

"Well I saw how much you fell in love with the dolphins at SeaWorld, I saw these and I had to get them." He grinned happily.

"I love them," I handed him the box and removed the hoop earrings I was currently wearing.  After I got the second dolphin on, I reached up and wrapped my arms around Jacob for another kiss. This birthday definitely ended better then last year's I thought as we drove back to his place for the night. A small buzzing caught my attention, I looked down as Jacob's phone lit up in the cup holder next to me. My heart sank when I saw the name on the display.

2 comments:

  1. I have loved reading your story. I hope you are able to post soon. No pressure sounds like you are super busy! Thanks for the fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! This week got away from me being spring break and all. Will post this coming week :)

    ReplyDelete