Tuesday, December 1, 2015

French Toast and Potatoes


July 2003


I woke up feeling like someone was staring at me. When my eyes met Jacob's I was correct.

"Morning sleepy head," he said softly, brushing a strand of hair out of my face.

"Mmm, morning." I rolled onto my back and stretched my arms, this made the sheet fall below my chest exposing my bare breasts. Jacob leaned over in a flash and placed his mouth on my breast. I pushed him away giggling and raising the sheet to cover up. When he pouted I threw the sheet off and smiled. We spent the rest of the morning in bed having lazy amazing sex. When we finally decided our hunger for food outweighed our desire to stay in bed we quickly dressed and walked to a diner nearby.

"I want sausage, but then I want potatoes too, ooh and french toast. Why is it that most places don't serve hashbrowns with French Toast, I mean they do with pancakes?  What why are you looking at me like that?" I looked up from my menu to see Jacob smiling at me with his thick brows raised as high as they could go.

"Nothing, you're just cute."

"I like breakfast, leave me alone. Besides you've been looking at me for years don't look at me like you are surprised by me."

"Jujie, I have been looking at you for years, but trust me, I only had one thing on my mind." He grinned.

"Oh really, so when we were like 10 you only had one thing on your mind? " I questioned him.

"At ten, yes. It may have been more innocent thoughts then at 13 but yes,  they were still a little perverted." He confessed.

"What!?" I squeaked. I should be a little weirded out but I was only flattered.

"Juliette,  you were and are still the hottest girl I know. When I was younger I was lanky and a nerd, I didn't have a lot of confidence.  When I hit sophomore year my family moved. My acne was clearer and I wasn't lanky anymore. I decided I was going to go into the school year and act like I owned my confidence.  It worked, I got on the varsity basketball team and made a lot of friends. Even though I dated other girls,  it was always in the back of my head that I wished you were near." He looked down, a flash of embarrassment on his face, but then he straightened up and looked me in the eyes and smiled.

"Really? I thought you were going to marry your high school sweetheart, Kim?" I said with a small laugh and he joined in.

"She sure thought that, but no. I even told her once about you. "  I raised my head back up from reading the menu and gave him a surprised look.

"I didn't say you specifically but I did tell her that there was this girl I'd known forever, I told her I had always thought that girl was the one. " I swallowed and felt my heart speed up at this. I didn't know what to say back. I didn't have to, he changed the subject and began talking like he didn't just say that.

Our waiter appeared and we spent the rest of breakfast chatting about everything from school to work. Walking out of the diner hand in hand we made plans to see a movie next week. When we reached the front of my complex Jacob stepped down off the curb and wrapped his arms around my waist.  Even though I was standing on the curb I still had to raise on my tippy toes to kiss him goodbye.  The kiss was long and I was sad when he had to part. He said goodbye before he got in his car and headed for work.

I went inside to shower. I was getting ready to go shopping with Amanda. Passing by I noticed a new travel book that was on the coffee table, it was a guide to Nicaragua.  We hadn't picked out an exact date to go. I realized I still hadn't told Jacob about going, part of me wanted to invite him. He does love to surf, but I also felt weird about inviting him when Dominic would be there,  would it be weird?





Sorry for the short post today, I'm working on another and hope to post soon :) Juliette 

No comments:

Post a Comment