Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Happy ending -present post part 2

Nov 2015 present post part 2



I woke up naturally around 7:30am. Groaning I rolled over and tried to fall back asleep, after about a half hour I gave up and got up. My husband stirred beneath the covers.

"What time is it?" He said as he stretched.

"About 8, it's vacation,  and we're kidless. I should be able to sleep in." I was a little annoyed, I had pictured sleeping in, I don't think I've slept in, for the last five years.

"That's because we're old and that's what old people do, they get up early." He grinned.

"Haha, get up old man, let's explore! " I threw a pillow at his face and went to change. I knew we wanted to walk to town but I also knew there was a high possibility of diving into the water at some point. So I put on my new swimsuit. It was a seagreen halter tankini, the part around my waist was lace so it was see through without being a bikini. I had worked hard on loosing my baby weight but I still didn't love my stomach, some women don't get stretch marks some do, I am the latter. I threw some whitewash jean shorts on over my suit and put my hair in a ponytail.

The hotel had a small market on site so we grabbed some breakfast there first. We climbed down the stairs and for the first time on this trip, our feet touched the sand. The view of the El Arco rock formations was stunning, just like the turquoise sea in front of it.  We were approached every few feet by vendors selling everything from pottery to Sombreros featuring your favorite football team. I wasn't ready to get souvenirs so I tried to politely say no to each one.

The sun was beating down with a force and there wasn't a cloud in site. We weren't far from town however walking on sand seemed to make it feel like forever.  Half way through we rested a bit. Sitting down  in the warm sand I laid back and tried to relax. I had my hand over my face to shelter from the sun so I didn't see when my husband got up. I did hear him holler something before hearing a splash. Sitting up on my elbows I saw him splashing in the water.

"Come in baby its so warm," he called out.

I pulled off my shorts and tank top I had over my suit and ran in. I made the mistake of trying to dive in right when a wave came so I pretty much hit the sand, the drop off was very quick though, so with a kick I was already shoulder deep.

"Oh my gosh, the water is sooo warm!"  The water back on San Diego was freezing right now,  here it had to be 80 degrees it was so nice.  We floated around for a while before we decided to continue our journey into town. Once we reached the inlet to the marina we searched some of the shops for a pair of sunglasses, I brought mine but the hubby forgot his. A handful of vendors called out to us offering snorkel trips, jet ski rentals, horseback riding on the beach and more. The hotel had a travel agent on site offering the same excursions at pretty much the same price, we decided earlier to just book with them. It got a little tiring having to say no over and over.

We passed the mall and were now on the hunt for an atm for pesos, we passed several that dispensed US dollars. We wanted pesos because with the exchange rate our money would go further. We spotted a machine next to Cabo Wabo.

"Wait don't get out 2000 bucks, what if someone robs us?!" I whispered as loud as I could.

"Relax babe, it's a little over a hundred dollars." He laughed. I felt a little embarrassed that we literally just had this conversation this morning about the conversion rate. He leaned down and kissed my forehead, "you're cute. Now let's go get some lunch." Walking back to town in the direction of the hotel, he grabbed my hand.


"Justin from work recommended a place called, Happy Ending, it's just over there wanna try it?" He laughed when he saw the look on my face.

"I'm going to ignore the name and try it."

I'm glad we did the tacos were great and the cheap beer was even better. We were exhausted from walking so we grabbed a cab back to the resort. Entering the room I colapsed on the bed and curled up to take a nap.

I was slowly fading when I felt my halter being untied. His hands softly moved to untie the other knot in the back. I worked on removing my shorts and suit bottom.

"Hey I was just thinking you'd sleep better out of your suit. But I mean...if you want to we could do something else." He grinned mischievously. We spent the next hour getting sweaty and then drifting off to sleep. The nap lasted only about a half hour before we got up.

Putting our suits back on we left and hit the pool. My husband joined a volleyball game and I floated around watching. Several Pina coladas later we got out and went back to the room to get ready for dinner. After showering I changed into a short black dress and put on my favorite anchor shaped earrings.

We tried the Italian restaurant at the resort nextdoor. I was surprised how good all the food has been so far. We went to Playa del Carmen several years ago and I remember the food was very mediocre. I know the two places were no where near each other, I guess I just assumed the food wouldn't be as good as it is.

We ended up going to bed around ten, my husband of course joked about being old but we didn't care, we were exhausted.



The next morning we managed to sleep in an extra half hour before trying out the buffet breakfast. We ended up meeting a friendly couple at the table next to us, Mary and Luke. They were from Colorado and had two boys around the same age as ours. We made plans to meet up later for some drinks by the pool.

Today we were going to go jet skiing. I've been jet skiing before but never in open ocean. After signing some waiver we climbed into a water taxi. The boat was glassbottom so you could see the clear water below. The ride was short and we were dropped off where the jet skis were parked.

As we were putting on our life jackets I spotted a stingray swimming in the shallows. I pointed it out to my husband, the one stingray turned out to be about five or six stingrays. They were swimming around right next to several tourists wading in the water. Grabbing his GoPro he went to get some video of the rays. There was a very loud and obviously drunk guy walking into the water to get a better look also. He was being stupid trying to grab at them. I heard my husband try to warn him about getting stung but the guy just blew him off. I didn't want to see this guy get stung so I went to listen to the instructor give instructions on how to use the jet ski and my husband joined my side.

We got on the ski and were about to head out when we heard a loud yelp coming from the area where we saw the rays.

"That's why they're called sting rays," he yelled as he pulled on the gas handle to bring us out. We had to go slow until we were further from shore, as soon as we were deep enough, he sped up. The water was rough and choppy and each time we hit a little chop it felt like we were going to fall off. I was screaming so loud, every few seconds I would say it had probably been a half hour and we had to get back. A couple times he slowed to see if I wanted to go back but for some crazy reason I would shake my head no and hold on for dear life. About half way through our time we switched and I drove.  I was going super slow at first until I started creeping up the speed. Being in control was less frightening, however I hit a little wave in the water and over turned slightly, almost sending us flying. After that I told him I was good and he should drop me off so he could spend the last minutes left going as fast as he wanted.

Once on shore I took off my life vest and sat on the beach. The cotton sundress I wore over my suit was now soaked. A vendor walked by carrying swimsuit cover ups, I saw a cute black sheer one and hoped he would still be near when my other half got back. He was the one carrying the money in a waterproof pouch around his neck.

About ten minutes later he appeared with a huge grin on his face.

"You loved that didn't you?" I laughed at how excited he looked.

"Yeah, sorry if you didn't, thanks for going though."  He said as he unclipped his vest.

"No...I did, I just think I prefer jet skiing on a flat lake." I overheard the instructor telling some other tourists that it wasn't very choppy today and pretty flat, yeah right.

I pointed out my soaked dress and how I needed a cover that was better suited for getting wet. He quickly agreed and walked with me to find the vendor who was in all white, with a big straw hat. We spotted him near an outside bar and I picked out the black one and left the bartering to my husband. Taking off my wet dress I slipped on the new one and was happy with my purchase.  It exposed my cleavage a lot but my guy didn't have a problem with that of course.

The outdoor bar had swings instead of barstools, so of course we had to grab a drink. I ordered a margarita and he ordered some type of cerveza. The swing idea was pretty cool, we rocked back and forth as we chatted with a couple on our left about our trip.  The bartender set down two margaritas and two beers in front of us, apparently it was happy hour. Fine by me, we raised our glasses to toast to our trip.




Note: I have to break this trip up into 3 posts. Sorry it's just too hard to get seven days on paper and shorten it, I promise to wrap up the trip on the next post. Thanks for reading and commenting

1 comment: