Saturday, August 15, 2015

Almost

August 2002

The next day was amazing! Cal and I spent the day at the beach. While I tried to get a tan Cal found a group of volleyball players and jumped in a game. My eyelids were growing heavy and just when I was almost out, my sunny view was replaced by a tall shadow. Cal dropped down next me and flashed a perfect smile, I'm awake now.

"How come you're not scared?"

"Were you trying to scare me?" I asked confused.

"No, you moved far from home and are living on your own, well with a roommate, but you've never once mentioned being scared of any of it."  His question caught me off guard, I mean don't get me wrong there was a few nights I went to bed secretly wishing I was still back home in my safe and familiar childhood room.

"Well I guess I'm just more excited about what the future holds, plus I haven't told anyone else this but, my dad sent me a open ended plane ticket back to Denver. He said he hoped I never had to use it but that they would always be there for me if I needed to come back." I didn't realize my eyes had gotten a little teary until Cal wiped a single tear away on my cheek. "Great, now I'm scared." I playfully hit his arm and giggled a little to lighten the mood.

"Listen, I'm scared too, back at Franklin I was a big ball player and here, here I'm hoping I'll at least not be the worst on the team." He looked at me with such worry in his eyes.

"Hey, you're going to do great you always have, the team is going to be lucky to have you."  I told him, he gave me a small smile and with the same hand he wiped my tear away with, he held the back of my head pulling me to him. He kissed me softly then put his hands through my hair.  "You cut your hair, I must be a crappy boyfriend if I'm just now noticing."  It had been almost a full day and I was beginning to think he didn't like it but didn't want to say anything.

"Hungry? A couple of the volleyball players mentioned a great bar near here where we can get in."  I was hurt he didn't say if he liked my hair but maybe I was just being a girl.

We packed up our stuff and walked back to the apartment.  I was showering off when Cal entered the bathroom. I paused and my heart started pounding.  We still hadn't had sex, and obviously that still made me a virgin. I know I want Cal to be my first and the romantic in me wanted him to be the only. But we haven't really had a chance yet and weren't rushing it. He pushed back the curtain and my cheeks got hot fast. We hadn't seen each other naked yet and the most he'd seen was my shirt off.  Though the little red bikini I wore earlier left little to the imagination I still felt exposed. He smiled and pulled his shirt off and removed his shorts. Wow, OK rumor was true. He leaned in and turned the water off. I was a little surprised, from the looks of it he was going to join me. He grabbed my hand and asked me to step out, as soon as I did he kissed me. Soft at first and then quickly he forced my mouth open. I leaned into him and felt him harden. He leaned against the vanity and I began kissing his chest and going lower. I looked up at him and he showed those dimples and nodded. I kissed him again and slowly moved down. When I took him into my mouth he moaned. I wasn't sure if this was how we were going to go but the sounds he was making made me want to continue, I was so turned on by how turned on he was. He pulled harder on my hair and called out my name when he finished.  Well that didn't take long I thought to myself.  I stood up and hoped we could continue to play around. Cal grabbed my chest and with a grunt he said he better take a shower now.

"Ok, I'll just get dressed and get ready in my room." I smiled and wrapped a towel around myself.

 We got ready and headed to the bar. Alicia and Dean were also coming. Alicia and I had a couple fake id's since junior year and apparently so did Cal. After getting in Cal spotted a couple of the volleyball players he met earlier.  Alicia and I quickly hit the dance floor, we were busy jumping around to get the party started when I felt someone tap my shoulder.  I turned around and was stunned to see him...

6 comments:

  1. Just found your blog. Really enjoying it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came across your blog and I am enjoying it and can't wait to see what happens next!!

    http://doespixidustwork.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like reading your blog so that means a lot :)

      Delete
  3. I really like the path of this blog. Starting in the "present" and then going backwards to show how you got there. It's kind of like How I Met Your Mother. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was always trying to guess the ending of that show, never saw it coming lol.

      Delete