Tuesday, August 11, 2015

HOW'D I GET HERE

Present
August 2015
"Night mom!"
I turned around to give him one last kiss and looked into his eyes. Just like his dad's, blue and green like he had a little piece of the sea in them. And what's with boys getting perfect long eyelashes, not fair!

"Night lovebug" I kissed Raen's cheek and bent down to the lower bunk to kiss his younger brother Kai. Raen is five and Kai is two, Kai skipped his nap today and was already passed out.

I went out the kitchen and poured a glass of wine from the fridge. Today was a busy day, Raen starts kindergarten in a month and we spent the day running around getting supplies and clothes shopping. Which, like most men, my boys don't like shopping and liked to tell me that every ten minutes.

"Wine night?" My husband walked up behind me making me jump almost spilling my wine. Luckily almost.

"It's always wine night" I said laughing.  He wrapped his arms around me and leaned in for a kiss. Mmm he always was the best kisser. I mean I've had some great kisses but his always lasted long enough to get me excited and still made the butterflies dance even after years together. Every once in awhile I catch myself staring at him when he isn't looking and am reminded how I ended up with the perfect guy for me. But I want to tell you about our story and how I ended up with the perfect guy for me. Doing this I will need to introduce you to three guys, one of which will turn out to be my now husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment