Thursday, August 13, 2015

New home

June 2002

"Whaaaat?!" I dramatically said. I was fast asleep and hated being woken up.

"So I went back to Bob's place," Alicia said jumping onto the bed trying to wake me up more.

"Did you really sleep with him? Alie really, I know you are all about casual hookups but you just met him!" I was clearly awake now and not really in the best of moods.

"Well we almost did but we couldn't." She said timidly.

"Why, what happened,  is he married? "

"He's divorced but his ex still lives with him, like a separate bed in the same basement! " she said this so fast I almost didn't catch it.

"Oh my gosh was she there!?"

"We started fooling around on his futon in the family room and she walks down the stairs. He barely acknowledged her and was still trying to kiss me. I pushed him off and that's when she introduced herself as his wife. He then corrects her the she's his ex. She then sits on the other chair and starts asking me questions about myself."

"You're joking." 

Alicia grabs a pillow and shoves it in her face and screams. "I wish! Then he tells her to leave us alone and let him finish.  It gets worse, as she is walking back to some room he calls her back and asks if she wants to join us instead! "

"Hahahahaha, what happened next?" I could use some popcorn I'm now fully awake and entertained.

"I told him no freaking way and I tried to run out, then I couldn't find my purse, as I was searching for it his wife had joined him on the futon and they were heavily making out!"

I couldn't help it I just kept laughing.

"Shut up! When I bent down to grab my purse her shirt hit me in the face, apparently clothes were coming off. I ran out of that house so fast."

"How'd you get back here I thought 'Bobby' was your ride?"

"He lived next to the diner." The diner was in the parking lot of the hotel.

"Oh my gosh Jules I was mortified. He was 27 and still living on a futon in his parents basement.  What was I thinking,  I really liked him then the thought of a fling on our road trip sounded exciting.  But it was the opposite. " she then flung her self down on the bed and dramatically put her arm over her face and just when I thought she might cry, she burst out laughing. 

We both started laughing so hard we did cry. It was about 2am so we eventually fell  asleep.

That morning we hurried up to head out and hoped we didnt have a run in with dirtbag, no he was no longer blue eyes.

After a long 10 hours later with several stops in between including taking pictures in front of a welcome to California sign, we took the exit to our apartment.  I pulled up to the complex and we started squealing. This was it, we no longer lived with our parents. We had our own place, and bills but I don't want to think about that right now.

 It was a small complex with about 8 bungalows, four on each side. We were the last one on the right. It was almost dark so we hurried up and unloaded the car. It was partially furnished so we at least both had beds in our rooms. The bungalow apartment was all hardwood floors and built probably in the 40's which I loved. It had so many cute features like crown molding and cute retro kitchen with peach and green tile. I picked the room closest to the back and Alicia picked the room in the front of the apartment. 

 My room had a queen bed frame and mattress but that was it. I put my clothes away and put some sheets and a comforter on my bed. When I was done I put my toiletries away and took a quick shower. When I went into the living room I saw Alicia was showered and dressed and was braiding her hair.

"It's 10:30, I'm tired but I hate the idea of doing nothing our first night."

"Yeah let's walk over to a restaurant and scope out the area." Our apartment was located within walking distance to bars and shops. It was late but it was a Saturday night and still summer so I wasn't worried about something being open.

"OK just let me call Cal and then we'll go."  I had briefly talked to him this morning but the conversation was cut short when he said his boss was telling him his break was up.

"Hey babe," he answered right away and of course his greeting made me blush.

"Hey there, we got in a couple hours ago and not having a lot of stuff really helped with unpacking because I'm already done." I said as I laid down on my bed.

"Uh I can't wait to get there and hold you." There's the Cal I had fallen for, I feel like since I left, while it wasn't long ago,  that he'd been off a little.

"I want that too, can't you come before the 15th?" I asked him the same question I've asked him in the last three weeks.

"You know I wish I could but I can't, " after he said that I swear I heard a girls voice in the background calling his name.

"Where you at," I tried to sound casual and not naggy.

"Kevin's, he invited a bunch of us over to have a bonfire, listen I should get back, I'll call you tomorrow? " well that was another short call but OK.

"Yeah, we're going shopping for some house supplies but otherwise I'm not busy."

"K bye babe," and with that statement he hung up.

"I just saw our neighbor walk by and he's freaking hot!" Alicia said.  I looked up and saw her smiling excitedly. Might as well enjoy myself, Cal sure is.

2 comments:

  1. You're off to a great start! Looking forward to more posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have lots of ideas and am excited to put more out. Thanks for being my first comment!

      Delete